Just because I’m still on a high from celebrating my heavenly friend Thérèse’s Feast Day last Tuesday.
Just because it’s the feast day of another great saint close to my heart, whom I affectionately call “Father Francis.”
Just because peace in the world (and in our country) is still something we desperately pray for and need.
Just because October is World Mission Month, and we are ALL called to share in the mission of the Church.
Just because I happened to sing for this cover a little over a week ago, without realizing that St. Francis’ Feast Day was so close.
Just because this is an amazing song by an amazing composer (Ryan Cayabyab).
Just because even non-Catholics know and appreciate this saint and the beauty of this prayer.
Just because I love Jesus, I live for Him, and thank Him for these opportunities to sing for Him.
- Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
- Where there is injury, pardon;
- Where there is error, the truth;
- Where there is doubt, the faith;
- Where there is despair, hope;
- Where there is darkness, light;
- And where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seek
- To be consoled, as to console;
- To be understood, as to understand;
- To be loved as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive;
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
- And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
- *Special thanks to Jesuit Communications, Carlo Santos and Eric Bolante. You guys rock!