The thought of starting a blog came early this year when I was inspired by my husband’s success with Juan Great Leap (I’m his biggest fan!). What to write about? I tried to think of something that was (1) close to my heart, (2) I knew something about, and (3) a topic of which I had stories to tell.
Peter and I threw a couple of ideas around what I could blog about: motherhood, life in the hospital, as a worship/music minister. But on reflection, I remembered how in different times in my life, I’d always go back to wanting to talk and write about life as a Catholic, wanting to share the joy I have in being one. Also, I felt a burden for those who left the faith based on what they didn’t know (or thought they knew), as well as for those I surmised could enjoy a much deeper experience if only their eyes and hearts were opened to the treasure that is available to them.
So Catholic By Choice it was.
When I started, I had no idea about how vast the blogosphere was, and that there were many inspiring blogs, Catholic blogs!, out there. I had never thought to follow any before (the first one I did was Peter’s), and got a high (still do!) every time a fellow blogger liked a post or followed my blog.
And I definitely had no idea that there was such a thing as a Blog Award 🙂
So here they are, giving props as well to two bloggers I’ve found also to be sweet and thought-provoking.
Here are the rules for the Super Sweet Blogging Award:
- Thank the blogger(s) who gave you the award and link back to their blog. – Done!
- Nominate other blogs for this award and let them know. – For this award, I nominate Grace for the Road: Reveling the Places where Mercy meets Humanity. I’ve only read a few posts (she’s been at this blogging thing much longer than I have), but her words have managed to tug at my heartstrings every time. I particularly loved I Don’t Wait Anymore.
- Post the award on your blog. – Check!
- Answer 5 questions:
- Cookie or cake? – Cookie, because I’ve been baking those lately for my kids who love them. But still can’t say no to a slice of creamy, dreamy cheesecake!
- Chocolate or vanilla ice cream? – Vanilla. Ooh, now I want one.
- What is your favourite sweet treat? – So addicted to Taiwanese Iced Milk Teas. Like mine with pudding, 50% sweetness level.
- When do you crave sweet things the most? – 24/7. Duh.
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? – Hubby calls me Sweetie 🙂 But I guess I wouldn’t mind being called “MilkTea.”
The rules for the Thought Provoking Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. – Thanks again, genesdb, God bless you on your exams! 🙂
- Post the award on your blog. – Tada!
- Nominate other bloggers for this award and let them know. – For this award, I nominate Honestly Catholic for Embers of Incense. As you read her very unique story, you will find that her heartfelt honesty allows us a peek into her soul, and what a beautiful soul it is.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- I am a founding member of Living Hope Catholic Charismatic Community.
- I met my husband at a Coffee Bean over a cup of Chai Tea Latte.
- I love music: singing, playing (guitar and piano), writing, performing, everything.
- I wrote my first song at age 13, and it was a Tagalog love song.
- Much to my husband’s dismay, I like watching senseless spoof movies (what can I say? Guilty pleasure).
- I’m afraid of dogs, so the only pet my kids will ever have the chance of owning is a fish. Or maybe one of those mini-turtles.
- Because of my husband, I’m now somewhat of a comic book geek.