At the start of the year, I received a very generous award from one of my newer blogger friends, theraineyview, but never got around to thanking him for it till now. And coming fresh out of a weekend retreat where I felt the call was to be more, (which includes being more committed to writing for Catholic By Choice), this thoughtful gesture might just be the extra push I need to get me started on my resolutions.
You know the drill (as do I)–here are the rules:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012′ Award.
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen — there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required — and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012′ Award —http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
6. As a winner of the award — please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award — and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars …
Since I didn’t read anything about disqualifying those who have already received the full 6 stars from getting the award again, I want to present my Blog of the Year Award for 2012 to Terry of 8kidsandabusiness. Why, you say, when there are so many other blogs out there I can give it to, blogs that still have a couple of stars to collect? Well, I’ve been meaning to write something to honor Terry for the kindness and prayers she sent my way a few months back when I needed those exact things the most. This award seems like a good way to say thank you.
If you’ll recall, I wasn’t immediately jumping up and down for joy when I first found out about being pregnant the fourth time around. I was confused, lost, and (I’ll say it) disappointed. Scared as well of what others might say in reaction to the news, I delayed announcing this bit of detail for as long as I could. Very few people knew about the pregnancy during those early days–Peter, myself of course, and…Terry.
The title of her blog says it all. If I wanted some encouragement, some words to try and give me a different perspective, who better to talk to me about my soon-to-be four kids than a mother-of-eight? I emailed her, explaining my situation and sharing my hurt. She did more than just write me back–she wrote a post about it, and in so doing, helped more mothers going through the same thing.
And so, for her commitment to spreading God’s Word through her blog-writing, for her genuine concern for readers (strangers) like me, for her prayers, her words of encouragement and comfort, her unparalleled zeal and dedication; I present this Award to you, Terry, and your 8 kids, your business, and your blog.
I pray I can be as selfless, as focused, and as committed as you. Here’s to more blogs to share in 2013!